Little “London of India”, Munnar, Kerala
* It is a hill station in Kerala and in southern India.
* Munnar is located on the Western Ghats, situated in the Idukki.
* The name Munnar is believed to mean “three rivers”, referring to the town’s strategic location at the confluence of the Madhurapuzha, Nallathanni and Kundaly rivers.
* The town has shared a strong cultural link with Tamil Nadu and over 70% of the population of the town being
* Munnar tops the list of travelers headed to south India especially Kerala.
* Situated at the confluence of three mountain chains, Munnar is known for its climate and tea estates.
* The green hill station also boats of the highest mountain in south India – Anaimudi.
* Because of the likeness with the climate of London the erst while British officers made it their summer resort and affectionately labeled it “little London”.
* Munnar is also known for the exotic flower “NeelaKurinji” that blooms once in 12 years and bathes the whole landscape in blues color.
* The Munnar town is in Kannan Devan Hills ( KDH ) Village in Devikulam taluk and is the largest panchayat in the Idukki district having an area measuring nearly 557 km².
* The nearest major railway stations are at Ernakulam and Aluva (approximately 120 km by road).
* The nearest airport is Cochin International Airport, which is 140 km away.
* The wildlife sanctuary of Eravikulam is an ideal trekking zone.
* Just after the monsoon season in first half of August the world-famous Kerala Snake Boat Race is held in Alleyppy near Munnar.
MBBS in Philippines Wisdom Overseas is authorized India's Exclusive Partner of Southwestern University PHINMA, the Philippines established its strong trust in the minds of all the Indian medical aspirants and their parents. Under the excellent leadership of the founder Director Mr. Thummala Ravikanth, Wisdom meritoriously won the hearts of thousands of future doctors and was praised as the “Top Medical Career Growth Specialists" among Overseas Medical Education Consultants in India.ReplyDelete
Why Southwestern University Philippines
5 years of total Duration
3D simulator technological teaching
Experienced and Expert Doctors as faculty
More than 40% of the US returned Doctors
SWU training Hospital within the campus
More than 6000 bedded capacity for Internship
Final year (4th year of MD) compulsory Internship approved by MCI (No need to do an internship in India)
Vital service centers and commercial spaces
Own Hostel accommodations for local and foreign students
Safe, Secure, and lavish environment for vibrant student experience
All sports grounds including Cricket, Volleyball, and others available for students